Pina Colada Cupcakes
• 200g unsalted butter
• 100g light brown sugar
• 100g caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 2 tbsp of coconut cream
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 3 pineapple rings cut into small pieces and dusted in a little plain flour
• 200g self-raising flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 250g unsalted butter
• 450g icing sugar
• 2 tbsp coconut cream
• 1 tbsp white rum (optional)
• Glace cherries and pineapple chunks
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 deep cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan.
2. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, coconut cream and vanilla extract beat until combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder, desiccated coconut and beat again until smooth.
4. Fold in the chopped pineapple rings
5. Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 18-20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
6. Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
7. To make the icing, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the icing sugar, coconut cream and white rum and beat again until soft and creamy.
8. Either using a spoon or pipe on to your fully cooled cupcakes and top with glace cherries and pineapple chunks
ENJOY! If you opt for Pina Colada Cupcakes, please do share a picture!