Ruby, Lime & Coconut Polenta Cupcakes (GF)
- 250g salted butter
- 150g golden caster sugar
- 100g light brown sugar
- 100g ruby chocolate, melted and cooled
- 100g polenta
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150g coconut flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- Pink food colouring (optional)
- 250g full fat cream cheese
- 250g mascarpone
- 100g white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 lime, juice and zest
- Line a muffin tin with 12 deep cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan.
- Beat together your salted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, beat until combined.
- Add the ruby chocolate and lime juice and zest and beat again until mixed thoroughly
- In a separate bowl mix together the polenta, desiccated coconut, coconut flour, baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and beat again until just combined. If you are using it at this stage add a couple of drops of the pink food colouring and beat again until smooth
- Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 22-25 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the icing, combine the cream cheese, mascarpone, white chocolate and lime juice in a bowl and beat until thick, creamy and holds its shape, pop in the fridge for 10 minutes before piping
- Pipe onto the cooled cupcakes and top with the lime zest
If you can’t find ruby chocolate (I got mine from Tesco) just sub for white chocolate instead, it will give a slight different flavour but will be equally yummy!
ENJOY! If you opt for Ruby, Lime & Coconut Polenta Cupcakes, please do share a picture!