Chai Cookie Sandwiches
175g light brown sugar
2 tsp chai syrup (I use Henny & Joes – it’s amazing!)
300g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tsp baking powder
100ml double cream
200g milk chocolate
1 tsp chai syrup (Henny & Joes)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees (fan) and line two baking trays
- Combine the milk chocolate, chai syrup and double cream for the ganache in a microwavable bowl, melt in the microwave on 30 second bursts, stirring well between each one until fully melted. Leave to cool, then pop in the fridge whilst you make the cookies
- Using an electric or stand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until pale, fluffy. Add the egg and chai syrup and beat again
- In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking powder and bicarb
- Add the flour mix into the wet ingredients and beat until just combined (don’t over work)
- Divide into 16 equal sized balls (20 if you want to make smaller cookies), divide between the two baking trays, gently using the back of a spoon flatten the cookie balls slightly before baking.
- Bake on the middle shelf for 15 mins,. Remove from the oven and cool on the tray for 10 minutes, then leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Remove the ganache from the fridge, (it should be thick and pipeable, if its too solid leave out to come to room temperature before piping), spoon into a piping bag and chop the end off.
- Take one cookie and pipe on to the flat side, a swirl of ganache, top with another cookie (flat side on to the ganache), repeat this process until they are all filled.
ENJOY! If you opt for Chai Cookie Sandwiches, please do share a picture!