Strawberry, Orange & Honey Tart
Chocolate Shortcrust Pastry
• 250g plain flour
• 30g cocoa powder
• 90g caster sugar
• Pinch of salt
• 140g unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
• 1 large egg
• 2 tbsp cold water
• 100g white chocolate
• 200ml double cream
• 300g mascarpone
• 3 large eggs
• 3 tbsp Strawberry Blossom Honey (I use Annabels Deliciously British)
• Zest of 1 orange
• 150g Strawberries, chopped
• 50g white chocolate, melted and cooled
• 1 tbsp strawberry blossom honey
• 6-8 strawberries, sliced
Make the pastry
1. Heat the oven to 190 degrees fan and grease a 28cm loose bottom flan tin.
2. Using a food processor, combine all the dry ingredients and pulse. Add the butter and pulse again until it resembles breadcrumbs
3. Add the egg and water and pulse until a dough is formed. Tip out on to a floured surface and roll out to around 5mm thick.
4. Pop into the flan tin and trim the sides. Lay baking paper over the top and fill with either rice or baking beans.
5. Bake on the middle shelf for 30mins, then remove from the oven, take off the baking paper and rice/beans and pop back in the over for a further 8 minutes. (during this time make the filling). Once done, remove from the oven on to a wire rack ready to be filled.
6. Reduce the oven temperature to 170 degrees fan
Make the filling
1.Add the white chocolate and double cream into a large microwavable bowl and heat on 30 second bursts, stirring thoroughly between each one, until melted and combined to make a ganache.
2. Add the mascarpone. eggs, honey and orange zest and whisk until combined
3. Add the strawberries and stir through
4. Pour the filling into the chocolate pastry case and bake on the middle shelf for 25-30 mins, the edges will be cracked and there will still be a slight wobble in the middle
5. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for 10mins before removing from the flan tin to decorate.
1. Lay the strawberry slices all around the edge of the tart
2. Drizzle over the honey and white chocolate, leave to fully cool then pop in the fridge for 2 hours to set.
Store in the fridge.
ENJOY! If you opt for Strawberry, Orange & Honey Tart, please do share a picture!