Apple, chocolate and cinnamon oat muffins
Alfie and Henry absolutely love muffins, and these are a nice alternative to a usual muffin with the oats and the apple, practically classes as one of your five a day! The simplest recipe and no equipment required; it can be all done by hand with just a whisk and a couple of bowls.
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1 cup of quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
125g dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup of golden caster sugar
2 large eggs
250g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
170g natural yoghurt (I used a small pot of Fage yoghurt)
2 Apples, peeled, cored and chopped into pieces
Cinnamon sugar for the topping (this is optional, I use 3 parts caster sugar to 1 part ground cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (Fan). Line a standard 12-cup muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Whisk together flour, oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, eggs, butter, and yoghurt. Mix the wet ingredients into dry ingredients, then stir in apple and the dark chocolate chunks
- Divide between the 12 cases and bake on the middle shelf of your oven for 15-20 mins until turning golden brown on the top and cooked through.
- Cool in the tray for 10 minutes, then put on to a cooling rack to cool completely. These are delicious warm, so definitely try some after the initial 10 minutes cooling!
- Store in an airtight container.
ENJOY! If you opt for Apple, chocolate and cinnamon oat muffins, please do share a picture!