Baileys Chocolate Cake
• 250g unsalted butter
• 250g light brown sugar
• 250g dark chocolate, melted then cooled
• 4 large eggs
• 350g self-raising flour
• 150g soured cream
• 150ml Baileys
• 100g white chocolate melted
• 500g unsalted butter
• 500g icing sugar
• 45ml Baileys
- Grease and line 3 x 20cm round springform cake tins and preheat the oven to 160 degrees fan.
- Beat together your unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and beat until combined.
- Add the Baileys, dark chocolate and soured cream and beat again until fully combined
- Add flour, beat again until smooth.
- Divide equally between the three tins and smooth across
- Bake both cakes on the middle shelf for 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the icing sugar, white chocolate and Baileys and beat again until soft and creamy.
- Start with one layer of the chocolate cake on to a cake board or plate, put a generous layer of buttercream across the top, then put another chocolate cake layer on and repeat the process.
- Pipe or spread the remaining buttercream on to the top of the cake.
ENJOY! If you opt for Baileys Chocolate Cake, please do share a picture!