Banana & custard, chocolate chip cookie crumble
This is super speedy, super delicious and will not last long, serves 8-10 depending on how big you like your portions!
Birds Custard (made to the portion size using the instructions on the carton, this will require milk and caster sugar)
5 small bananas
280 g Plain Flour
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
1.5 tbsp Cornflour
125g Unsalted Butter
55g Caster Sugar
135g Light Brown Soft Sugar
Pinch of salt
1 Large Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
200g Milk Chocolate Chips
100g White Chocolate Chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan
- Slice the bananas and layer across the bottom of a crumble dish
- Pour over the prepared custard straight from the saucepan
- Leave to cool on the side whilst you prepare the topping
- In a stand mixer beat the sugars and butter together, when it is smooth beat in the egg and vanilla extract
- Add the cornflour, bicarb, salt, plain flour and beat again until fully combined
- Add the chocolate chips and mix
- Next you need to arrange the cookie dough on top of the custard mixture, I just pull bits off and randomly arrange over the top.
- Bake on the middle shelf of your oven for around 15-20mins or until golden brown.
- This can be served hot or cold, we actually all loved it cold and if you are feeling extra indulgent serve with double cream.
ENJOY! If you opt for Banana & custard, chocolate chip cookie crumble , please do share a picture!