Chocolate and Cherry Flapjacks
Bakes don’t get much easier than this! Flapjack is Henry’s absolute favourite and has to be his most requested bake. Due to the ratio of butter, syrup and sugar, you’ll find that these flapjacks are soft and chewy as I’m not the biggest fan of crunchy ones. As always if you make it, please tag me in your pictures!
180g golden syrup
200g light soft brown sugar
400g porridge oats
200g glacé cherries
300g melted milk chocolate
- Line and grease a traybake tin and preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- In a saucepan melt the butter, golden syrup and light brown sugar.
- In a large bowl, put the oats in and add the melted butter mixture. Then add the glacé cherries.
- Combine thoroughly and pour into the baking tin.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Take out and leave to completely cool in the tin.
- Once cooled pour over the melted chocolate and set in the fridge. Once hard it’s ready to slice up and serve!
Notes – I add a tablespoon of smooth peanut butter into the melted chocolate as everyone in this house is obsessed with it!
Let me know your thoughts! What did you think of the final secret ingredient we add in the Thomas household?