Chocolate & Peanut Butter No Bake Cheesecake
A no bake cheesecake with a few twists, topped with a blonde chocolate ganache it really adds a gorgeous different texture to the whole thing. If you can’t get your hands on the golden blonde chocolate (I used one from M&S Simply Food which is their own brand in with the baking ingredients called “ingredients for cooks” – it’s absolutely delicious!), you can always sub in a milk chocolate. This recipe is absolute min effort, maximum reward too.
I prefer to use crunchy peanut butter as I really like the texture in the cheesecake, but again if you want to use smooth just swap it!
300g chocolate digestives
75g melted unsalted butter
400g full fat cream cheese
300ml double cream
300g crunchy peanut butter
6 heaped tbsp icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
300g golden blonde chocolate
300ml double cream
40g crunchy peanut butter
1. Line the base of a 23cm springform tin and grease the sides.
2. Crush the digestives either using a rolling pin or in a blender (I use a magimix) until they are a fine crumb.
3. Stir in the melted butter and tip into the base of the tin. Using the back of a spoon pat down until even and firm across the base. Put to one side whilst you make the filling.
4. Put the cream cheese, mascarpone, vanilla essence and double cream into a bowl and using either a hand or stand mixer beat for a couple of minutes, this gives the cream chance to thicken as well as combining the ingredients.
5. Add the icing sugar and beat again until well combined
6. Add the peanut butter and then beat again until fully combined.
7. Spoon on top of the biscuit base and smooth across for an even fill, pop in the fridge whilst you make the ganache.
8. Break the chocolate up into small pieces and pop in a heat proof bowl, add the peanut butter on top.
9. Add the cream to a saucepan and bring to a very low simmer, remove from the heat and pour over the chocolate.
10. Leave to stand for a few minutes before then mixing thoroughly with a balloon whisk until it has fully combined and you have a smooth, pourable ganache. (if you haven’t heated the cream quite enough and so all the chocolate hasn’t melted pop in the microwave for 10 second intervals, keep stirring after each time as you don’t want to overheat).
11. Remove the cheesecake from the fridge and pour the ganache over the top.
12. Optional: grate some white chocolate over the top
13. Put back in the fridge and leave in there for 3-4 hours before removing to serve.
Store in the fridge
ENJOY! If you opt for Chocolate & Peanut Butter No Bake Cheesecake, please do share a picture!