Coconut Banana Loaf with Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Icing
This is one that caters for Vegans and non Vegans alike, a super tasty, quick loaf cake that you can also make gluten free by changing out the plain flour for gluten free flour too.
4 ripe bananas mashed
Zest of 1 lemon
65ml sunflower oil
115ml maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
320g plain flour
45g desiccated coconut
1tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Pinch of salt
Handful of toasted coconut flakes
250g vegan icing
500g icing sugar
4 heaped tablespoons peanut butter
100g melted dark vegan chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees fan and line a loaf tin with greaseproof paper
- In stand mixer add the mashed banana, lemon zest, sunflower oil, syrup and vanilla bean paste and beat until all combined (this can be done in a large bowl with an electric hand mixer)
- Pour in the flour, desiccated coconut, baking powder, bicarb and salt and beat again, this will be a little lumpy and that is ok!
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 35-40mins, check a skewer comes out clean. Cool in the tin once cooked for 10 mins then turn out on to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- To make the butter icing combine all the ingredients and beat until a smooth butter consistency is formed.
- Spread or pipe on to the top of the loaf cake and decorate with coconut flakes.
ENJOY! If you opt for Coconut Banana Loaf with Dark Chocolate & Peanut Butter Icing, please do share a picture!