Coconut, Lime & White Chocolate Loaf cake
• 200g unsalted butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 4 large eggs
• 200g self raising flour
• 100g white chocolate, melted
• 1 limes, zest & juice only
• 3 tbsp desiccated coconut
• 150g white chocolate chips
• 125g butter
• 1/2 lime, zest & juice only
• 250g icing sugar
• 75g melted white chocolate
• 75mls coconut cream
Mascarpone for serving
1. Preheat the oven temperature to 160 degrees fan and line a standard loaf tin
2. Using a hand or stand mixer beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy
3. Add eggs and beat again, then add melted white chocolate, lime zest and juice, beat again
4. Add flour and beat until combined
5. Add desiccated coconut and white chocolate chips and fold through the mixture with a spoon
6. Pour the loaf batter into the lined tin and bake for about 55-60 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
8. Whilst the cake cools, make the icing. Beat the butter in a stand mixer or electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy, add the icing sugar, lime juice, coconut cream and melted white chocolate and beat again until smooth.
9. Pipe or spread with a palette knife the icing over the top of the fully cooled cake.
10. Scatter the remaining lime zest and a tsp of desiccated coconut over the top of the icing and serve.
ENJOY! If you opt for Coconut, Lime & White Chocolate Loaf cake, please do share a picture!