• 200g unsalted butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 175g self-raising flour
• 25g cocoa powder
• 2 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 100g milk chocolate chips
• 100g white chocolate chips
COOKIE DOUGH ICING
• 250g unsalted butter
• 200g brown sugar
• 250g icing sugar
• 250g heat treated flour
• 2 tsp vanilla
• 4 tbsp milk
• 200g milk chocolate chips
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 deep cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan.
2. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract beat until combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder, cocoa powder, milk chocolate and white chocolate chips and beat again until smooth.
4. Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 18-20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
5. Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To make the cookie dough icing, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the brown sugar and icing sugar, vanilla extract, and milk and beat again until soft and creamy.
7. Add in the heat-treated flour and milk chocolate chips and beat until a cookie dough is formed
8. Either using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop some of the edible cookie dough and pop on to the top of your fully cooled cupcakes.
ENJOY! If you opt for Cookie Cupcakes, please do share a picture!