Courgette & Lime Cupcakes
• 200g unsalted butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 200g grated courgette
• 3 large eggs
• 255g self-raising flour
• ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
• ½ tsp baking powder
• Zest of one lime
• 250g mascarpone
• 250g unsalted butter
• 250g icing sugar
• Juice & zest of one lime
• Handful of chopped pistachios
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 deep cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 175 degrees fan.
2. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and grated courgette and beat again.
3. Add flour, bicarbonate of soda, baking powder and lime zest and beat again until smooth.
4. Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 18-20 minutes (until a skewer comes out clean).
5. Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. To make the icing, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the icing sugar and juice and zest of lime and beat again until fully combined
7. Add the mascarpone and beat again until soft and creamy
8. Either using a spoon or pipe on to your fully cooled cupcakes, top with the chopped pistachios.
ENJOY! If you opt for Courgette & Lime Cupcakes, please do share a picture!