Dreamy Oreo Cake
Do you or your family love Oreo cookies as much as my two boys do? If the answer is yes, this is the bake for you. A triple layer stack of Oreo goodness, it’s utterly delicious and a fabulous cake for sharing with family and friends.
350g unsalted butter
350g light brown sugar
300g self raising flour
50g cocoa powder
50g melted dark chocolate
6 large eggs
Oreo Butter Icing
300g icing sugar
300g unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla essence
154g Oreos, lightly crushed (I just break up with my hands)
50ml double cream
50g milk chocolate, melted
50g dark chocolate, melted
100g icing sugar
250ml double cream
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
To decorate – 4 Oreos cut in half
1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees fan and grease three 6 inch cake tins with either butter, or my personal recommendation (which never fails me), PME release a cake spray
2. Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer, beat the butter and sugar until smooth and creamy
3. Beat in the eggs, until fully combined
4. Add the flour, cocoa powder and melted dark chocolate, then beat again until completely smooth
5. Divide the mixture between the three greased cake tins and make sure they are level.
6. Bake in the oven for 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. Whilst the cake cools, make the icing. Beat the butter in a stand mixer or electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy, add the icing sugar, vanilla essence and double cream and beat again until smooth
9. Add in the crushed Oreos and beat again.
10. Next make the chocolate cream, add all the ingredients in to a bowl and using either a stand or electric hand mixer beat until stiff peaks are formed.
11. To assemble, spread a third of your Oreo butter cream on to the bottom cake layer, spread across evenly. Add another layer on and repeat. Do the same again for the top layer.
12. Either then pipe or spread the chocolate cream over the Oreo buttercream on the very top layer only. Then arrange the Oreo cookie halves into the chocolate cream around the top of the cake.
Tip – for even layers, using a bread knife level off each cake before spreading on the Oreo buttercream.
ENJOY! If you opt for Dreamy Oreo Cake, please do share a picture!