Easy Lemon Curd Cupcakes
• 200g unsalted butter
• 200g caster sugar
• 3 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 200g plain flour
• 2 tsp baking powder
• Zest of 2 lemons
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 160g shop bought lemon curd
• 250g unsalted butter
• 500g icing sugar
• Zest and juice of one lemon
Optional to decorate – 160g shop bought lemon curd
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
2. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder, lemon juice and zest and beat again until smooth.
4. Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 12-15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
6. Once cool use a small pairing knife to make a cone shaped hole in the cupcakes and using a teaspoon and knife fill with the lemon curd.
7. To make the buttercream, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the icing sugar, lemon zest and juice and beat again until soft and creamy.
8. Either pipe or spoon onto the cooled cupcakes
9. Optional: drizzle with lemon curd over the top of the buttercream.
ENJOY! If you opt for Easy Lemon Curd Cupcakes, please do share a picture!