Easy Lemon & Raspberry Loaf Cake
This does what it says in the title really, it’s easy and quick to make, it’s a long bake in the oven so it’s a super delicious one.
200g nsalted butter
200g golden caster sugar
4 large eggs
200g self raising flour
1 lemon, zest and juice
150g icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees fan and line a loaf tin
- Using a hand or stand mixer beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy
- Add eggs and beat again, then add flour and beat until combined
- Add lemon zest and raspberries and fold through the mixture with a spoon
- Pour the loaf batter into the lined tin and bake for about 55-60 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
- Whilst it cools slightly mix the lemon juice with the icing sugar until a smooth paste is formed. Pour this all over the still warm loaf.
- You can either serve warm or allow to cool completely. It will store in an airtight container for around 3 days (if it lasts that long)Tip : this is gorgeous served with either mascarpone or crème fraiche.
ENJOY! If you opt for Easy Lemon & Raspberry Loaf Cake, please do share a picture!