Lemon & White Chocolate Yule Log
• 85g caster sugar
• 3 eggs
• 100g plain flour
• zest of 1 lemon
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 80g butter
• 150g icing sugar
• 250g mascarpone
• 6 tbsp lemon curd
• 200g white chocolate, melted and cooled
• 250g butter
• 250g icing sugar
• Grease a silicone Swiss roll tray (this is the one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pieces-Silicone-Reusable-Biscuits-Macarons/dp/B098RR2Z4X/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?crid=1FV146YQ0LHY3&keywords=silicone+swiss+roll+baking+tray&qid=1639314830&sprefix=silicone+swiss+%2Caps%2C107&sr=8-6 I use, it’s worth it’s weight in gold for making these, it’s significantly easier than using a greased tray). Alternatively grease and line a baking tray. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan
• Using a stand mixer or electric hand mixer beat the eggs and sugar until they are pale, thick and creamy (around 6-7 minutes)
• Fold in the lemon zest, flour and baking powder.
• Pour into lined tray, spread evenly and cook for 10 mins. If you are using the silicone tray for easy I pop on top of an ordinary tray to bake, this makes it easier to remove from the oven.
• Remove from the oven, run a knife around the edges and leave to cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. (If using the silicone tray leave to cool completely in there, no need to turn out).
• Turn out on to baking paper to cool completely if using an ordinary baking tray.
• To make the filling, beat the butter and icing sugar until smooth and creamy, then add the mascarpone and beat again
• To make the icing for decoration, add butter, melted and cooled white chocolate and icing sugar to a bowl and beat until smooth and creamy
• Dust a surface with icing sugar and pop on the cooled cake onto it. Using a palette knife, smooth mascarpone mixture all over the surface, followed by the lemon curd.
• Roll the cake up length ways (so the longest side is facing you), then at an angle chop a piece or the end off, which you can then place in the middle to look more like a log.
• Cover the entire outside in the white chocolate butter icing and then use a fork to make imprints similar to wood. Dust with a little icing sugar.
ENJOY! If you opt for lemon & white chocolate Yule log, please do share a picture!