Mango Loaf cake
• 250g salted butter
• 250g golden caster sugar
• 1 tin of mango slices in syrup, separated into the pieces (chopped) and syrup
• 275g self-raising flour
• 5 large eggs
• 125g butter
• 250g icing sugar
1. Grease and line a loaf tin and preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
2. Using a stand or electric hand mixer beat together sugar and butter until pale and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs and beat again until thoroughly combined.
4. Add in the flour and chopped mango, beat again until fully combined.
5. Pour into your lined tin and bake on your middle shelf for 55-60 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean
6. Remove from the oven, using a skewer prick holes all over the top of the loaf cake and spoon 5 tbsp of the reserved syrup over the top
7. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes in the tin before turning out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
To make the mango buttercream:
8. Beat the butter until pale and creamy. Add in the icing sugar and beat again until soft.
9. Add 2 tbsp of the reserved mango syrup and beat again until you have a spreadable creamy consistency.
10. Either pipe or spread across the cooled cake
ENJOY! If you opt for Mango Loaf cake, please do share a picture!