Peach, Lime & Ricotta cake
• 4 peaches
• 1 tbsp light brown sugar
• 150g unsalted butter, melted
• 250g ricotta
• 230g golden caster sugar
• 2 limes, zest only
• 3 large eggs
• 180g self raising flour
• 30g hazelnuts, whole
Mascarpone for serving
1. Grease and line with parchment paper a 20cm round springform tin and a baking tray preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan.
2. Chop the peaches in half, remove the stone and then cut the halves into two again, place on to the baking tray (flesh side down) and sprinkle with brown sugar, bake for 12 minutes. When removed from oven, leave on the tray.
3. Combine the ricotta, caster sugar and lime zest into a large bowl, using either a electric hand or stand mixer, beat for around 5-7 minutes.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time
5. Whilst the beater is still going pour in the melted butter and beat until fully combined
6. Add the flour and baking powder, beat briefly until just combined
7. Pour the cake mixture into the lined tin and top with the peaches, flesh side facing up. Scatter the hazelnuts over the top.
8. Bake in the oven for 50 minutes. Leave to cool and either serve warm or can be served cold.
9. Serve with a scoop of mascarpone
ENJOY! If you opt for Peach, Lime & Ricotta cake, please do share a picture!