Pulled Chilli Chicken
Finding a warm, fulfilling dish that pleases the whole family is so much easier said than done. I just had to share this one with you as it has become one of the boys’ most requested meals! It’s full of hearty goodness that warms you from the inside, plus it’s another quick and easy recipe you can whip up in no time.
2 tbsps olive oil
2 onions finely chopped
2 red peppers chopped
250g cherry tomatoes chopped
3 garlic cloves sliced
1 tbsp oregano
2 tsp cumin seeds
4 skinless boneless chicken thighs
1 chicken stock cube
400g passata (& 100ml boiling water)
400g black beans drained but don’t rinse
1 lime zest and juice
Served with Jamie Oliver’s “Easy Flat Bread Recipe”.
- Heat the oil on high heat in a casserole dish with a lid, fry the onions and cook on a high heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Add in the chicken, sliced garlic and peppers and fry for another couple of minutes.
- Lower the heat and add the cumin seeds and oregano, seasoning well. Stir through then add the passata, tomatoes, water and stock cube. Combine well then add a pinch of sugar, lime zest and bring to a simmer.
- Leave to simmer with a lid on for around 40 mins, then shred the chicken with two forks.
- Add the black beans and lime juice and simmer for about another 5-10 mins.
- Serve with flatbreads and enjoy!
I really do love hearing your thoughts, so if you make this dish one evening, please do share your pictures with me!
Need a dessert to follow? Check out some of my other recipes.