Raspberry & Chocolate Cheesecake Meringue
So, this looks quite complicated, it really isn’t and yet it makes a real statement but most importantly tastes AMAZING! You also don’t have to pipe the icing, that bit is completely optional.
4 large Egg whites
230 g Caster sugar
1 tsp White wine vinegar
1 tsp Cornflour
130 g Milk chocolate
150ml double cream
150g Philadelphia full fat
100g milk chocolate melted and cooled
4 tbsp baileys liquor
2 tbsp icing sugar
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 100c fan, and line baking tray
- Used a stand mixer with the whisk attachment (ensure it is both clean and dry) and add in the egg whites, whisk them to stiff peaks and then add in the sugar a tbsp at a time (keep the whisk on whilst you add in), avoid pouring in all at once
- When all the sugar is whisked in add in the white wine vinegar and cornflour and whisk again, this time for another about 3 mins.
- Spoon on to the baking tray (I made 6 large ones, but you could make 8 smaller ones). Then add one tbsp of melted chocolate to each meringue and swirl in gently on the top.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 mins until its crisp on the outside. Turn the oven off and leave to cool in the oven for 30 mins before removing and cooling completely on a wire rack (use a spatula to put on to the rack).
- Whilst they are cooling make the toppings
- In a stand mixer beat the cream, icing sugar, baileys, cooled melted chocolate and cream cheese until stiff.
- In a small mixing bowl add raspberries, maple syrup and icing sugar, crush all together with the back of a fork until mixed completely.
- TO ASSEMBLE (do this right before serving, everything can be made in advance, store the toppings in the fridge and the meringue in an airtight container)Dollop 2-3 tablespoons of the cheesecake mixture on to the fully cooled meringues and then top that with a tablespoon of the raspberry crush, use a fork to swirl the raspberry crush into the cheesecake mixture and serve.
ENJOY! If you opt for Raspberry & Chocolate Cheesecake Meringue, please do share a picture!