Red Velvet Cake Truffles
• 200g self-raising flour
• 50g cocoa powder
• 250g unsalted butter
• 250g light brown sugar
• 5 large eggs
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• 200g full fat cream cheese
• 100ml double cream
• Red food colouring
• 350g white chocolate
• 100g milk chocolate
1. Grease and line 1 x 6inch round springform cake tin and preheat the oven to 170 degrees fan.
2. First make the red velvet chocolate cake. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, vanilla essence and red food colouring and beat until combined.
3. Add flour and cocoa powder, beat again until smooth.
4. Bake both cakes on the middle shelf for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
5. Once removed from the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. Add the cream cheese and double cream to a bowl and beat until firm.
7. Once the cake is fully cooled add into the cream cheese/cream mixture and then beat until fully combined (either using a stand mixer or electric hand beater)
8. Shape the mixture into balls shapes and put on to a lined large baking tray (spread across two small if preferred) and put in the fridge for 15 minutes.
9. Melt the two types of chocolate in separate bowls.
10. Remove the cake truffles from the fridge, dip each one in turn (using a fork or skewer makes this easier) into the white chocolate and then return to the baking tray.
11. When all are covered, using a spoon drizzle the milk chocolate over the top, then return to the fridge to set.
ENJOY! If you opt for Red Velvet Cake Truffles, please do share a picture!