Vegan Black Bean & Sea Salt Brownies
I defy anyone to believe these are made without dairy, absolutely gorgeous and a real joy to make!
350g drained ready to cook tinned black beans
2 tbsp ground flax seeds, mixed with 3 tbsp boiling water and 3 tbsp cold water to make a thick gooey paste
70g dark brown soft sugar
80g cocoa powder
80g vegan dark chocolate finely chopped
75g maple syrup
3 tbps coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla bean paste
1 tsp baking powder
1 large pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp peanut butter
- Add black beans, oil, flax paste and vanilla bean paste to bowl and blend until you achieve a smooth paste
- Add the remaining ingredients (not including sea salt, dark chocolate or peanut butter). Blend until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 20cm x 20cm greased baking tin and spread out evenly.
- Dot over the top with peanut butter, salt and then add the chocolate pieces over the top.
- Bake in the oven at 160 degrees fan for 30-40 mins, cool completely in the tin until removing and slicing into squares.
ENJOY! If you opt for Vegan Black Bean & Sea Salt Brownies, please do share a picture!