Black Forest & Pistachio Cheesecake
This no bake, rich, delicious cherry and pistachio no bake cheesecake makes the perfect weekend treat. Its one of the most simple recipes you could ever create, yet maximises on flavour and tasty joy!
50g unsalted butter (melted)
300g milk chocolate digestives
300ml double cream
100g icing sugar
200g milk chocolate (melted)
200g dark chocolate (melted)
200g fresh cherries (pitted and chopped )
100g Morello cherry jam
100g pistachios (finely chopped – I use a food processor for this)
1. Line a deep 8 inch loose bottom cake tin with grease proof paper.
2. Using a food processor blitz the digestives to a fine crumb, then add in the melted butter and pulse until all combined.
3. Press down the biscuit base into the bottom of the lined tin and push down so it is even using the back of a spoon. Refrigerate whilst you make the cheesecake.
4. Put the mascarpone, cream, melted chocolates and icing sugar in a large bowl with an electric hand mix or a stand mixer and beat until it is all combined and thick (if you over work add a couple of tbsp of milk and beat again).
5. Add in the Morello jam and beat again briefly
6. Fold in the chopped cherries with a wooden spoon or spatula.
7. Remove the base from the fridge and spoon on top level off with the back of a spoon.
8. Scatter the finely chopped pistachios all over the surface. Then pop back in the fridge to firm up for around 3-4 hours.
9. When ready to serve, remove from the fridge and take out of the spring form tin on to a plate. (Tip – use a knife around the edge of the cheesecake before removing from the tin.
10. Store in the fridge and will last around 4 days.
ENJOY! If you opt for Black Forest & Pistachio Cheesecake, please do share a picture!