Cherry, Almond & White Chocolate Loaf Cake
This is a very simple loaf cake, it’s delicious and quick and easy to make. A cherry and white chocolate chip loaf with white chocolate buttercream and mascarpone icing, topped with toasted almonds.
200g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
4 large eggs
200g self raising flour
200g glace cherries
150g white chocolate chips
125g unsalted Butter
250g icing Sugar
125g white Chocolate (melted)
50g flaked almonds
1. Preheat the over to 200 degrees and scatter the flaked almonds on a lined baking tray, bake for 4-5 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and pop into a bowl and leave to one side
2. Reduce the oven temperature to 160 degrees fan and line a loaf tin
3. Using a hand or stand mixer beat the sugar and butter until light and creamy
4. Add eggs and beat again, then add flour and beat until combined
5. Add glace cherries and white chocolate chips and fold through the mixture with a spoon
6. Pour the loaf batter into the lined tin and bake for about 55-60 mins or until a skewer comes out clean
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack
8. Whilst the cake cools, make the icing. Beat the butter in a stand mixer or electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy, add the icing sugar, mascarpone and melted white chocolate and beat again until smooth.
9. Pipe or spread with a palette knife the icing over the top of the fully cooled cake.
10. Scatter the toasted almonds over the top of the icing and serve.
ENJOY! If you opt for Cherry, Almond & White Chocolate Loaf Cake, please do share a picture!