Chocolate & Cherry Cupcakes
If you love fresh cherries, this is not one to be missed, white chocolate chips and baked cherry muffins topped with a cherry buttercream.
Top tip: If you don’t already have one, invest in one of these cherry pitters, my absolute favourite kitchen gadget, so quick and mess free at removing the stones. Making it perfect for baking and snacking alike (it also works on olives). HERE
350g fresh cherries (weight including stone), pitted and chopped, then put aside 125g of those in a separate bowl for the icing
200g unsalted butter
200g caster sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
200g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
100g dark chocolate (melted)
150g white chocolate (broken in to pieces)
For the topping:
250g unsalted butter
500g icing sugar
150g white chocolate melted
12 whole fresh cherries
1. Line a muffin tin with 12 cupcake cases and preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan.
2. Beat together your unsalted butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
3. Add flour, baking powder and melted dark chocolate and beat until smooth
4. Fold in the white chocolate chips and chopped cherries until combined
5. Spoon equal amounts into each cupcake case and bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, leave in the tin for 10 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
8. To make the buttercream, beat the butter until pale and fluffy, then add the icing sugar, melted white chocolate and remaining 125g chopped cherries and beat again until soft and creamy.
9. Either pipe or spoon onto the cooled cupcakes
10. Optional – top with a whole cherry
ENJOY! If you opt for Chocolate & Cherry Cupcakes, please do share a picture!