Chocolate & Pistachio Viennese Whirls
Makes 10 – Part of “Your Perfect Afternoon Tea”
150g unsalted butter
35g icing sugar
150g plain flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
130g milk chocolate, melted
25g pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 170 degrees fan and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper
2. In a stand mixer (or electric hand mixer) beat the butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract until pale and light
3. Beat in the flour and the cornflour until fully combined
4. Spoon the dough into a piping bag and pipe swirls on to the baking tray (these can be any shape you want). Leave some space between each one on the tray
5. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. When you remove from the oven place the tray on to a wire rack and leave them there to cool as they will harden as they do so
6. Once completely cooled place a wire rack on to a piece of greaseproof paper and pop all the individual biscuits on to the rack. Spoon the melted milk chocolate over half of the biscuits and then scatter with the chopped pistachios. Leave the chocolate to set completely before removing.
ENJOY! If you opt for Chocolate & Pistachio Viennese Whirls, please do share a picture!